I don’t consider myself to be a fancy girl. I’m most comfortable in jeans and t-shirts; if it isn’t made of cotton I’m probably not going to wear it. My exception to this rule is a good, beautiful bra. I don’t have large breasts; I could go without a bra and no one would notice. Studies have shown that bras won’t keep your breasts from sagging so why do I and women like me continue to buy bras? Here are my reasons.
- Bras offer a more pleasing visual image than naked breasts. Maybe I’ve been conditioned by society, as some have suggested, to see unsupported breasts as unappealing. Personally I don’t care how I formed this opinion. I just feel that my breasts look sexier when they’re supported. And the sexier the bra, the sexier I feel.
- Bras offer posture support. When I’m not wearing a bra I catch myself slouching and dropping my shoulders. Putting on a bra immediately straightens my back and corrects my other posture mistakes.
- Bras offer a fun way to express yourself to your partner. I once had a boyfriend who could tell what kind of mood I was in by which bra I was wearing.
- Bras offer protection from cold weather. No one wants her nipples peaking through her sweater. Enough said.
- Clothes lay and fit better when your breasts are supported. Just as some tops are impossible to wear a bra with, some just don’t work without one.